Just me venting my colossal love of monster/ science fiction movies from the 1950s. This decade was arguably the Golden Age for such low grade B pictures. HOWEVER, there are (believe it or not) some that stand out from the rest and live on today as bonafide classics. These are the ones that I consider to be the best of the Sci-fi flicks I’ve seen in my 18 years of viewing.
12. Tarantula (1955)
11. The War of the Worlds (1953)
10. The Blob (1958)
9. The Fly (1958)
8. Godzilla (1956)
7. Them! (1954)
6. Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954)
And now we come to the “cream of the crop.” The Best 5 of the decade.
5. The Thing from Another World (1951)
4. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)
3. The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
2. Forbidden Planet (1956)
1. The Incredible Shrinking Man (1957)
Agree with me or not on the order, you still agree that each of these deserve to be listed.